Support your hospital
Barts Charity is the dedicated charity for the Barts Health NHS Trust Hospitals (Whipps Cross, The Royal London, Newham, Mile End and St Bartholomew’s.)
Last year we gave £30 million to fund research, equipment and innovative projects to provide extraordinary healthcare for the 2.5m people of East London and beyond.
We couldn’t do this without our wonderful supporters!
Find out how you can get involved at http://www.bartscharity.org.uk or make a donation at the top of this page.
Give the Greatest Gift this Christmas!
Nobody wants to be in hospital at Christmas, so we’re hoping to spread a little festive joy throughout the wards. Our Greatest Gift appeal will make sure that every child and older person has a present to open on Christmas day.
Anything raised over and above what’s needed to buy the gifts will help Barts Health staff provide extraordinary care for young and old patients all year round.
You can give a gift by:
- Visiting bartscharity.org.uk/Christmas to select a virtual gift
- Texting GGIF18 £10 to 70070
- Calling 0207 618 1720
- Lucy Wootton, Play Team Clinical Lead at The Royal London Hospital says: “No child or young person wants to be in hospital over Christmas, it’s such a special time for people to be at home with their friends and family, so we try to make the hospital as festive and friendly as possible during this time.
- “We really hope that our local community will support this Appeal and give every child a gift this Christmas. We really appreciate any donations big or small that will lift our patients’ spirits over the festive period.”
The difference that can be made:
- £5 could buy a rattle to bring a smile to a baby’s face.
- £15 could buy a cosy blanket to keep an older patient feeling snug.
- £65 could buy a portable DVD player so patients can still watch their favourite festive films.
- £100 could buy craft materials to help keep children stimulated during their hospital stay