You can make a difference for patients at your hospital
Barts Charity is our dedicated hospital charity. Your donations help us go above and beyond in the care we give to our patients - from the latest life-saving research to state-of-the-art equipment to the little extras that improve your hospital visit.
How can I help?
- Change lives with a one-off or regular donation.
- Fundraise! From coffee mornings to quiz nights, Barts Charity will support you every step of the way.
- Why not take on a challenge to raise money? We have places in many events including the Brighton Marathon and London Landmarks Half Marathon and we are currently running a January sale on registration fees!
Where will my money go?
Your donations have supported hundreds of initiatives across our hospitals. Here are just a few examples:
- Patients on the Older People’s wards at Newham Hospital have benefitted from dementia-friendly artwork, activity trolleys and comfortable ‘tilt in space’ chairs to help them out of bed.
- A ‘Singing for Breathing’ group has been set up at The Royal London Hospital to improve breathlessness in patients with chronic lung disease.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy at St Bartholomew’s Hospital have comfortable chairs, a treats menu to choose from and a more welcoming pre-assessment room.
- New radios for the Special Care Baby Unit at Whipps Cross help to soothe babies off to sleep with lullabies
We’ll make sure your money is used wisely and where there is greatest need. You can choose to give to a specific hospital when you make your donation – just let us know!