Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in England, and one of Britain’s leading healthcare providers
five hospitals, with over 16,000 staff
1,255 A&E patients every day
1.4 million outpatients a year
St Bartholomew's Hospital
St Bartholomew's is an internationally renowned teaching hospital in the City of London.
We offer a range of local and specialist services for the treatment of cancer, heart conditions, fertility problems and endocrinology.
We have a minor injuries unit, but we do not offer A&E services.
- A national and regional centre of excellence in cardiac and cancer care
- Barts Heart Centre is Europe’s largest, integrating staff and services from three sites in one
- Home to London’s second biggest cancer centre
- A state-of-the-art hospital with 10 cath labs, 10 theatres, 5 linacs and 1 Cyberknife
- More than 220,000 outpatient appointments last year.
The Royal London Hospital
The Royal London provides a full range of emergency and local services, including one of the largest children's hospitals in the UK and one of London's busiest Accident and Emergency (A&E) departments.
Home to London's Air Ambulance charity, The Royal London is also one of the capital's leading trauma and hyper-acute stroke centres.
- 5,000 babies are born each year in The Royal London and midwife-led Barkantine Birth Centre
- 155,000 A&E patients cared for in 2016-17
- The critical care team is rated 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission
Mile End Hospital
Situated close to The Royal London Hospital, Mile End provides a wide range of community services including tuberculosis and diabetes care, as well as hosting some inpatient services.
Whipps Cross University Hospital
Whipps Cross offers a full provision of general inpatient, outpatient and day case services, as well as maternity, A&E and urgent care.
- Opened in 1903
- 4,700 babies born each year at Whipps Cross
- 153,000 A&E patients cared for in 2016-17
Newham University Hospital
Newham provides a range of services including emergency care, surgery and a dedicated stroke rehabilitation unit.
- £6.8 million Rainbow Centre redevelopment opened in 2017
- 141,000 A&E patients cared for in 2016-17
- 6,300 babies born each year at Newham Hospital's range of maternity services and the midwife-led Barking Birth Centre