Find a consultant
Our consultant directory offers information on who our consultants are, their specialities and where they are based.
If you have an enquiry relating to your appointment or your treatment, you should contact the relevant department instead of your individual consultant to ensure that our clinical support team can provide you with the right support to your enquiry in a timely manner.
One of the leading cardiothoracic surgeons in London, Mr Kolvekar has a special interest in chest wall deformity interventions.
He is an internationally recognised surgeon for the adult Nuss procedure, and has adapted the Nuss procedure with several new techniques for better pain control and reduced risk from surgery. He holds lectures and teaches surgeons this procedure and connate minimally invasive surgery across the world. Several publications in international journals and has also contributed to books.
He has a special interest in mitral valve repairs, beating-heart surgery, cardiac arrhythmias and minimally-invasive cardiac surgery and is concerned with ischaemic pre-conditioning of the heart.
He also has a thoracic practice dealing with lung cancer, pneumothorax and pleural effusion.
- Trustee for Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- The Society of thoracic Surgeon (of America)
- European Associations of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India
Special interests and treatments
- Chest wall Deformity surgery - NUSS procedures - Rib fixation - Chest wall reconstruction with collaboration with plastic surgeons - Minimally invasive thoracic surgery - Braces for pectus carinatum - Under 16 clinic once month for chest wall deformity - Once a month, joint clinic with plastic surgeon for complex chest wall issues
St Bartholomew's Hospital