Winter is fast approaching which is traditionally a busy time for the NHS.
So that we can keep our services running, and to make sure everyone inside our hospitals is safe, we’re already planning for what the next few months may bring.
So this week we’ve launched a new campaign called: Power Up For Winter.
It’s all about ensuring we’re in the best possible shape to care for you and your loved ones come December and beyond.
- Wearing masks when inside our hospital and office buildings
- Testing ourselves regularly for Covid
- Taking time to consider our wellbeing and objectives for the year ahead
- And crucially, getting vaccinated against both the flu and Covid
The wellbeing of our staff is vital, and you have an important role to play this winter too. You can support your local NHS services by:
- Continuing to wear a surgical face mask (face coverings are not permitted), washing your hands regularly and keeping socially distanced where possible when visiting us
- Testing yourself for the virus regularly: Testing kits are available online. You may also be asked to take a lateral flow or a PCR test before you’re admitted for a procedure.
- Getting vaccinated against Covid: We continue to encourage those not vaccinated to get the jab ahead of the winter months. Getting your Covid vaccine remains the best thing you can do to protect yourself. Your GP or local council will have a range of options available on how you can receive your vaccine.
- Getting vaccinated against flu: This winter we also expect more people to get the flu as we increase our social contact. Be sure to ask your GP how to get your vaccine.
Remember, if you are experiencing any Covid symptoms you should self-isolate and follow government guidance. You can also reschedule or cancel your appointment where appropriate.
Visiting a relative or friend?
Covid is still prevalent in our communities and we continue to maintain all of our safety measures, including some restrictions on visiting.
For more information on the specific visitor guidance for each hospital, please visit: St Bartholomew's Hospital, Newham Hospital, Whipps Cross Hospital, Mile End Hospital and The Royal London Hospital and click on the orange Covid drop down tab. Our teams can also offer support with facilitating virtual visits.
Let’s ‘power up’ and protect each other this winter!