Patient Advice and Liaison Service
Do you have questions about our services or want to know more about our other local services?
Do you have any concerns about the care you or a friend or family member is receiving?
Have you had any problems using services?
Our team at all our hospitals always aim to provide safe and compassionate care so we want to hear from you if you feel that we fall short or you are unhappy with the care you have received. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service is here to help, offering advice, support and information while you are using our services.
We are able to help you with health related questions and resolving concerns you have about your health care as well as helping you to raise a complaint if you feel it is necessary.
We ask that you firstly try to speak to a member of staff within the ward or clinical area you are visiting as staff will do their best to resolve issues. If you are unable to resolve your issue, our PALs service will advise you and liaise on your behalf with clinical staff and managers to try to resolve your concerns.
How to get in touch with PALS
Visit our drop in service at the following locations:
- The Royal London and Mile End – the Patient and Family Contact Centre, ground floor, Stepney Way atrium, 10am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday
- Newham University Hospital – zone 1, St Andrews Wing, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday – Friday
- Whipps Cross University Hospital – junction 4 in the main building, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday – Friday
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - KGV building, ground floor, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday
Over the phone or by email
The Royal London and Mile End hospitals
- The PALS team has joined the Patient and Family Contact Centre to offer help and advice to patients, relatives and visitors with a wider hospital team to address your concerns quickly
- 0203 594 2040
- RLHpals.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Whipps Cross Hospital
- 0208 535 6438 (please note this is the PALS team contact number)
Newham University Hospital
- 0207 363 9292
St Bartholomew's Hospital
- 0203 465 5919
We try to answer all calls in person, but if all our staff are busy with other patients, you may get a voicemail message – do leave a message as we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you need urgent advice outside of PALS opening times, you can contact the main hospital switchboards and ask to speak to the site manager.