Upcoming changes to pathology IT system at Homerton Hospital
Work will be taking place over the weekend of 28-29 January 2023 to incorporate a newly rebuilt and re-equipped pathology laboratory at Homerton Hospital onto the East and South East London Pathology Partnership laboratory information management system (LIMS).
The planned system changes should not affect users outside Homerton Hospital but may delay the transfer of any pathology results from Homerton to other primary and secondary care organisations where there is shared care of a patient. The planned system changes will improve resilience and reduce test variations.
Who will this impact?
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- All NEL Boroughs including City and Hackney
- Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Barking, Having and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
For information only
- All staff should continue to order and view results as normal on EMIS, ELPR and Cyberlab
- If you see unexpected behaviour during this time, please report using standard process
- No expected changes to courier schedules
- Turnaround times may be impacted by at least 24hrs for samples received from 8am on Saturday, 28th – 8pm Sunday, 29th January 2023
If you have any issues relating to the system over the weekend, please continue to contact the laboratory at Homerton Hospital using your normal business as usual contacts.