This page has been created to provide information on coronavirus cases at Barts Health hospitals and will be updated daily except for weekends and bank holidays.
As of 8am on 20th January 2022 at Barts Health hospitals:
- 295 in-patients have laboratory confirmed Covid-19
- Of those with confirmed Covid-19, 19 were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours
- 31 patients with confirmed Covid-19 are being cared for in critical care beds, or are on enhanced levels of oxygen in a General & Acute bed.
As of 5pm on 19th January 2022 at Barts Health hospitals:
- 2,165 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 have sadly died
- For the same period 24,621 inpatients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 have recovered and have been discharged.
In remembrance of our colleagues
It is with deep sadness to announce that we have lost nine members of the Barts Health family: Miharajiya Mohideen – known as Raji to colleagues – a healthcare assistant on Tayberry ward at Newham Hospital; Mr Van Lang Hoang, patient transport driver; Mark Woolcock, ambulance care assistant; Dr Habibhai Babu – known to all of us as Babu – an SHO older people’s services at Whipps Cross Hospital; Vincent Lawlor – sexual health advisor at The Royal London Hospital; Jeff Edwards – former porter at Whipps Cross Hospital; Greg (Grzegorz) Serwin – health records porter working at The Royal London Hospital and across Barts Health NHS Trust; Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Okoro – patient transport team; Elias Phiri – sexual health advisor at The Royal London Hospital.
Guidance for patients and visitors on our services during the coronavirus pandemic.