We work to deliver the highest standards of care to all of our patients. For those who wish to access private care we offer a range of services across all specialities.
At present, the majority of our private work is delivered at St Bartholomew’s Hospital - however, we do offer private care across all of our hospital sites.
St Bartholomew's in the heart of the City of London, is one of the best-known hospitals in the world, with the richest history.
Now in brand new, state-of-the-art facilities, with a good rating from the Care Quality Commission, it brings world-class cardiac and cancer care together under one roof.
St Bartholomew’s houses the largest cardiac centre in the whole of the UK – with 10 cath labs, 10 theatres and 89 intensive care beds – and the second biggest cancer centre in London. Unlike other hospitals, it also provides 24/7 consultant on-call services.
Being treated at a world-leading centre of excellence means you are cared for by internationally-renowned doctors and nurses, using the very latest techniques and equipment.
All money received from private patients is reinvested into our hospitals to improve care and facilities for all of the patients that we treat.
Private Cardiac Patients
- The world’s first 24/7 consultant-led heart rhythm service
- The largest Endocarditis service in the world
- The world’s largest cardiac MRI service
- The largest echocardiogram, CCT and TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) service in the UK
- Internationally-recognised cardiomyopathy team
- Adult congenital heart disease specialist service
- National aorto-vascular centre
- Largest hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy super-specialised service in the country
- Navigational bronchoscopic treatment
- Cardiac MRI protocols developed by us used in 23 different countries
- Da Vinci surgical robot offering precise, minimally invasive treatment
Competitions and Markets Authority Declaration
Barts Health London Private Care, part of Barts Health NHS Trust, does not offer any inducements to referring clinicians to refer private patients to Barts Health London Private Care and as such the details set out here are provided for clarity as indicated in the CMA Order on the Private Healthcare Market.
The following services are available to our referring clinicians to support private care
General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training is provided as part of the NHS induction programme, including the medical induction package and in line with NHS on-going training.
- Operational services such as patient admission and administration are provided to consultants to support both their NHS and private practice at Barts Health NHS Trust.
- With the exception of the consultant’s element of the fees from a package priced procedure, which only applies to a small number of lower value (financially) procedures, the Trust does not currently bill on behalf of consultants and does not make any other payments to them.
- Barts Health London Private Care
Basic workplace amenities
- Tea and coffee is not provided to consultants.
- Stationery is provided to enable consultants to arrange NHS and private patient admissions and treatment.
- Meals are not subsidised or provided free of charge.
- Onsite parking spaces are provided to consultants and staff of Barts Health NHS Trust on some sites, subject to compliance with the Barts Health NHS Trust Car Parking Policy. Consultants and staff must pay for onsite car parking.
- Website presence and support
- Consultant directory
General corporate hospitality
- Barts Health London Private Care
For further information please contact our commercial team.