Our hospitals will remain open during the period of planned rail strikes, please plan ahead if you have an appointment at our hospitals.
Strike action for the following train operators will take place on the below days:
- Tuesday 30 January, affecting Gatwick Express, Great Northern, South Western Railway (including Island Line), Southeastern, Southern and Thameslink.
- Wednesday 31 January, affecting: Northern and TransPennine Express
- Friday 2 February, affecting: c2c, Greater Anglia (including Stansted Express) and LNER
- Saturday 3 February, affecting: Avanti West Coast, East Midlands Railway, London Northwestern Railway and West Midlands Railway
- Monday 5 February, affecting: Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry and Great Western Railway
Lines will be disrupted, delayed and busier than usual during this time, which will likely impact your journey, so we advise planning your route in advance and allowing plenty of time to travel.
Need to update your appointment?
If you know in advance that you will be unable to attend your appointment during these strikes, please contact the booking team using the number provided on your appointment letter or call the switchboard for the hospital relevant to you to let us know.
- Mile End Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- Newham Hospital: 020 7476 4000
- The Royal London Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- St Bartholomew's Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- Whipps Cross Hospital: 020 8539 5522
Need a reminder of when your appointment is? You can now see your upcoming appointments through the Patients Know Best web platform and app which provides secure access to your health record via an online portal.
If your appointment is at The Royal London Hospital, why not try our webchat. The webchat enables patients to change or cancel their appointments without having to call a number. This method has proven easier and quicker for patients who need to amend their appointments at The Royal London.
We will be flexible with appointment timings, allowing for the fact that you may be delayed on route. Please note that you may then experience a wait if you do arrive later than your specified appointment time. If you are delayed on your way to your appointment, please contact the team to let them know.