This page has been created to provide information on coronavirus cases at Barts Health hospitals and will be updated every Friday.
As of 8am on 7th August 2020 at Barts Health hospitals:
- 10 in-patients have laboratory confirmed Covid-19.
- Of those with confirmed Covid-19, 0 were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours.
- 0 patients with confirmed Covid-19 are being cared for in intensive care.
As of 5pm on 6th August 2020 at Barts Health hospitals:
- 654 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 have sadly died.
- For the same period 2618 inpatients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 have recovered and have been discharged.
In remembrance of our colleagues
It is with deep sadness to announce that we have lost four members of the Barts Health family: Miharajiya Mohideen – known as Raji to colleagues – a healthcare assistant on Tayberry Ward at Newham Hospital; Mr Van Lang Hoang, patient transport driver; Mark Woolcock, ambulance care assistant; Dr Habibhai Babu – known to all of us as Babu – an SHO in older people’s services at Whipps Cross Hospital.
Guidance for patients and visitors on our services during the coronavirus pandemic.