Community health services
The Barts Health Community Health Services provide care for residents living in Tower Hamlets. We deliver services to 81 premises around Tower Hamlets including GP surgeries, community health centres, clinics, in hospital and to patients in their homes.
Patients who are seen at home would be expected to attend a doctor’s surgery or other community location prior to their care starting. Most services operate Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with the exception of the GP Out of Hours Service and the Community Health Teams (see individual services for opening times).
Our staff care passionately about improving the quality of life for residents of Tower Hamlets to maximise health and well being as possible, with timely access to the support that they need.
Barts Health community services are primarily for residents of Tower Hamlets. Treating every patient as an individual, we will work with you to develop a care package that fits your needs. Our knowledgeable staff are skilled in treating a wide range of conditions and issues. We are proud of our excellent clinical results. We see patients of all ages, including children.
Services we offer
- ARCaRE (Adult Respiratory Care and Rehabilitation)
- CVD/Heart Failure
- Persistent Pain Service
• Community Children’s Nursing team (CCNT)
• Community Paediatric Medical team
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder assessments (ASDAS)
• Paediatric Continence service
• Paediatric Asthma nurse
• Children’s Occupational therapy
• Children’s Physiotherapy
• Children’s Speech and Language therapy
• Children’s SLT, eating, drinking, and swallowing services
• Children’s Continuing Care Assessment
• Children’s Eczema Nurse
• Toileting Workshop (3-11yrs)
To make a referral to any of the above services, please see below “Information for professionals”.
- Health Psychology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
Information for professionals
Referrers will use one single form for all of the community health services managed by Barts Health and East London Foundation Trust. We anticipate this will be a simpler and more efficient process for you.
Referrals to adult community health services
The Tower Hamlets adult community health team referral form [docx] 68KB can be used to refer to:
- The rapid response team
- Catheter care (routine 48 hours)
- Continence services
- Extended primary care teams (EPCTs)
- Foot health service
- Leg ulcer management
- Nurse-led community heart failure team
- Community diabetes service
- Adult respiratory and rehabilitation care service (ARCaRe)
- Community dietetics service
- THCNT - community neuro team including community speech and language service
Referrals to children’s community health services
Who can refer
We receive referrals from SEN coordinators (SENCOs), doctors, nurses, therapists, child and adolescent mental health professionals, teachers, educational psychologists and social workers.
Services Community Paediatrics offer:
- Community Children’s Nursing team (CCNT)
- Community Paediatric Medical team
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder assessments (ASDAS)
- Paediatric Continence service
- Paediatric Asthma nurse
- Children’s Occupational therapy
- Children’s Physiotherapy
- Children’s Speech and Language therapy
- Children’s SLT, eating, drinking, and swallowing services
- Children’s Continuing Care Assessment
- Children’s Eczema Nurse
- Toileting Workshop (3-11yrs)
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a child or young person to be seen, please fill out the SPA referral form.
If you are making an ASDAS referral, please fill out both SPA Referral form and the ASDAS referral form.
Do note: The family needs to be residing in Tower Hamlets and registered in a Tower Hamlets GP Surgery to be accepted.
We are not an emergency service – we run an outpatient, community service.
Get in touch
For any queries, please contact:
(Emails generally are responded to within 2 working days)
Mile End Hospital,
Specialist Children’s Services,
Tel: 0207 767 3322 (option 2)
Opening Times: Monday – Friday 9am – 5 pm