The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted a shortfall of critical care beds in north-east London. In response we are expanding the critical care capacity across the Barts Health group to:
- care for our usual patient population
- care for patients whose treatments have been delayed
- meet the anticipated increased demand for our services during the winter months
- care for the increasing numbers of Covid patients we expect to see.
Growing the critical care nursing workforce remains one of our biggest challenges amid a national shortage of nurses. The past 20 months have been hugely challenging for nursing and has further emphasised that our workforce is our greatest assets in caring for our patients and their families.
To recruit more nurses into the Barts Health family, we launched a campaign last week to recruit more band 5 and 6 critical care nurses. The campaign, which will feature across a broad range of digital channels, showcases our very own nurses sharing their experiences of why they like working at each of our acute hospitals.
Depending on the success of this campaign, we will be using a similar approach for other areas of our workforce, including theatres and anaesthetists.
How can you get involved?
- Share the job links with your friends, family and networks.
- If you're thinking of leaving, please do speak to your manager first as there are many options to consider if you need a break or change of role.
- If you'd like to be the face of a new campaign, please get involved with Jag Mehta.